The National Embroidery Teachers Association is an organization open to all teachers, active or retired, and to prospective teachers of embroidery and other textile arts. The purposes of the organization are:
- To unite into one organization all persons actively engaged in the profession of teaching embroidery and those teachers who have retired;
- To further the professional improvement of the members;
- To serve as a clearing agency for promoting education and disseminating information pertaining to teaching embroidery;
- To foster the promotion and perpetuation of the professionalism of its members;
- To work toward the advancement of professional education in embroidery.
By increasing the exchange and flow of information NETA endeavors to maintain high standards among the members.